A safety officer has much more work and should have concern in the maintaining safety.
- They should carry out inspection of workplace and ensure the compliance.
- Respond to the investing concerns and complaints from their co-workers and employers and take relevant action.
- Should assist during the time of accident/injuries if any at workplace.
- Establish the work place health and safety committees
- Help in carrying out the industrial hygiene survey
- Help in preparing various documents, report and forms.
- Intimate and report if there is any damage or fault in equipment.
- Give suggestion for improvement in safety
- Reports and track the records of injuries and accidents
What is the responsibility of safety officer?
People, who goes for work with expectation of no injuries. They do expect the safe work environment and protection from hazards. Because everyone has rights to get safe and healthful work environment. But employers are not only the responsibility for the safety of employees. Employees too have responsibility in their safety. Safety officers hold the responsibility of encouraging a safety culture in order to improve the behaviour and performance at workplace. And they do encourage their employees to value the safe practices and safety programs in a positive way. Here are some of the ways by how one can serve as a good role model to the co- workers and other people for safe work practices and behaviours by,
- Making happen the, health and safety policies and procedures.
- Keeping clean the personal work area
- Using and maintaining the personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Do attend the safety training provided by the employers
- Serving the safety committee as a volunteer
- Utilizing the safe work practices by eliminating slips, and falls
- Keeping all the chemical containers labelled and making it familiar with data sheets of material safety.
- Knowing the evacuation procedures and its location of emergency equipment.
- Never handle any machine without proper training
Why NEBOSH IGC for Safety Officer Jobs?
NEBOSH IGC syllabus is designed by means of meeting up the requirements of managing health and safety at work place, identifying risk , hazard at work place and the effective ways to control it, ways to undertake a health & safety audit , Planning and implementing an effective health & safety policy and much more skills and knowledge in health and safety.
- The chance of getting job as safety officer is easy after completing NEBOSH IGC
- This will pay more when compared to other job and qualification.
- The chance of working for a Multinational company increases , if a candidate hold NEBOSH IGC qualification
- NEBOSH certificate is valid globally , and suits all kind of industry
Green World Group offers NEBOSH Course in Delhi and celebrate its 800th batch by offering free professional courses for the candidates who take up NEBOSH course , which is cost- effective and there exists flexibility in mode of learning as regular class room mode, E-Learning, Virtual class room training, Distance learning which are suitable for all people including work going professionals .
For Enquiry & Enrollment: