Introduction to Construction Safety:
Any construction industry or site that follows safety procedures to make a secure working environment is called Construction Safety. Incident usually happens on carelessness, including unsafe equipment use and lack of protection for workers on elevated structures. Safety Management handles all business activities to minimize risk on the construction site from accidents.
Risk Hazards in Construction Sites:
- Falling from rising buildings: Falls from heights are serious safety concerns faced on construction sites. It is the No:1 construction killer. It usually happens when an object like a ladder is positioned a few feet off the ground or from an aerial scaffold lift producing higher chances of human fall and causing injuries.
- Slips, Trips, and Falls: Slips, Trips, and Falls usually happen in Workplaces, schools, and homes. Slips occur when there is low friction or traction between the footwear and the floor. A trip results from a foot impacting something, which throws you off balance and typically results in to fall. Due to a trip or slip, the falls happen on the same level.
- Hand-Arm Vibration Syndrome: Hand-Arm vibration Syndrome is a disorder that happens while using vibrational tools in the workplace, and it can affect muscles, bones, joints, and the nervous system.
- Electrical contact: Electrical Hazard causes harm, but the chance of danger can be minimal if it is appropriately handled. It is caused by unmatchable electrical equipment or static electricity igniting flammable vapors or dust.
- Fire Explosion: A fire explosion is a very harmful accident that can cause construction workers to suffer severe injuries or death.
- Struck by object: Injuries produced by forcible contact between the injured person and an object or piece of equipment.
- Gas leakage: The gas is highly flammable and can cause poisoning to people and animals in a confined space. The gas leak can be elevated when workers are installing and repairing fixtures for the use of natural gas causing danger in the workplace.
- Inaccurate construction planning and scheduling: The work should be prioritized and planned by scheduling the perfect time. Important work must be completed first before the deadline. Failing to work on time causes significant business loss and quality customer contacts.
- Biohazard: Biohazard in workplaces deals with animals, humans, and infectious material, and it is an organic substance that threatens the health of people and other living organisms. Biological hazards include viruses, like Coronavirus (COVID-19), spores, fungi, toxins from bio-active substances, and pathogenic micro-organisms. This category of toxic waste has the potential for sickness and even cause death.
Safety Measures in Construction Safety:
- Maintain personal hygiene and keep walking surfaces clean and free of clutter.
- Check the working area for uninsulated wires, broken cords, and exposed electrical circuits beforehand.
- Wear personal protective equipment while using chemicals in the workplace.
- Create numerous fire exits in the workplace and install fire alarms and extinguishing systems.
- Don’t place inflammable materials near circuits and electrical outlets.
- Use the Proper equipment for Working at Heights like scaffolding, Lift, and Ladder.
- Give employees proper training on how to handle machinery and tools.
- Reduce Workplace stress.
Roles and Responsibilities in Construction Safety:
- Create and ensure safety guidelines and programs.
- Investigate accidents and Identifying Risks or Hazards.
- Verification of tools and equipment are in a safe condition.
- Carrying out practices on handling emergency situations.
- Planning for how to prevent fire by creating numerous fire exits in the workplace.
- Effective Testing plan on emergency response.
Why study Construction Safety:
The Safety Management Studies contributes extensive skills to identify the risks and reduce the threats during the building phase by assuring to control risk effectively while working. It guides them on ways to avoid situations that could put them and others at risk of injury or even death.
Importance in Construction Safety Training:
- To decrease the number of incidents that occur in construction each year.
- To improve the effectiveness of building projects by protecting the workers’ health.
- To avoid accidents and mishaps and guarantee the safe completion of business projects.
Course Outcomes in Construction Safety:
- Introduction to Health and Safety Management.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Safety Training.
- Construction Hazards and their Preventions.
- Accidents Investigation Process.
- Site Maintenance techniques.
Careers in Construction Safety:
The ultimate aim of the Safety Training Course in Construction is to keep the working environment away from incidents, mishaps, and property or Equipment damage.
Organization Growth mainly depends on the safety of a workplace. Many businesses have combined their environmental, health, and safety divisions. On the other hand, there are various job opportunities for part-time involvement in safety issues, and most jobs are full-time.
Construction Safety Training in Green World Group:
Green World provides construction safety training which helps businesses for maintaining a safe environment and enforcing rules and policies which are designed to keep workers protected. These training programs include the local and international standards for health and safety in construction activities. The Managers, Supervisors, and Safety Aspirants working in the Construction field can pick this course to earn significant knowledge and experimental practices in Construction Safety Management.