The NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Safety & Health is an internationally recognised health and safety qualification. It is an 11 day course that includes two written examinations and one practical exam.
The qualification comes from the National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH) in the United Kingdom.
The course is challenging and requires you to have a good standard of spoken and written English language. At Green World Group we use lots of resources and use different learning styles to help you learn. You are given a detailed textbook and great handouts. You don’t need to have any particular qualifications before you take a NEBOSH course, but some technical background and work experience, is useful.
The outcomes of the course are as follows:
- Identify common hazards in the workplace and advice on appropriate remedial action
- Understand the foundations and framework for regulation of health and safety, including international standards and conventions such as ISO and ILO.
- Assist in the preparation, review and monitoring of safety policy and procedures including pro-active and reactive strategies, training, audits and safety committees.
- Investigate accidents and other incidents and prepare cost-effective proposals to prevent recurrence.
- Communicate effectively on health and safety matters, including the use of reports.
- Describe human and organizational factors affecting health and safety performance assessment – for example, health & safety culture.
- Undertake effective workplace inspections and recommend cost effective remedial action.
- Maintain records and information sources to advise management.
- Advise of appropriate action to minimise fire risk and develop fire procedures.
- Advise on the chemical and biological hazards and control.
- Advise on safety in construction.
The contents of the course are divided into two units plus a practical exam
Unit IGC 1 : Management of International Health & Safety
1. Health and Safety Foundations
2. Setting policy for health and safety
3. Organising for health and safety
4. Promoting a positive health and safety culture
5. Risk Assessment
6. Principles of Control
7. Monitoring, review and audit
8. Occupational incident Investigation
investigation, recording and reporting
Unit IGC 2 : Control of International Workplace Hazards
1. Movement of people and vehicles – hazards and control
2. Manual and Mechanical handling – hazards and control
3. Working Equipment – hazards and control
4. Electrical Hazards and control
5. Fire Hazards
6. Chemical and biological health hazards and control
7. Physical and psychological health hazards and control
8. Construction activities – hazards and control
Unit IGC 3 : International Health & Safety Practical Application
In this unit you are required to do a health & safety assessment of a worksite and write a proper report to management. The IGC 3 exam is carried out after the course in your own workplace
There are two written examinations and one practical exam. Examinations last 2 hours each and consist of long and short answer style questions. It is necessary to pass all exams in order to receive a NEBOSH certificate. The certificates are issued by NEBOSH UK.
For Enquiry & Enrollment,
Thanks & Regards
Rajesh Kanna | Manager – Marketing | Green World Management. |
No:17, Pragara Street,Karaikal-609602 | Puducherry State | India |
T +91 4368 220046| +91 9080064828 |+91 9042538669