Normally the Health and Safety is a best career option for the candidates who finish up their degree in any discipline.
You will need a degree or equivalent, also with some knowledge in health and safety.The NEBOSH International General Certificate by NEBOSH, which provides a wealth of information about health and safety issues.
NEBOSH iDip is one such degree- level qualification
There is a possibility of entering the course without any degree , it will provide you with the combination of health and safety qualification with example.
There exists a introduction course for the people to become a safety advisor.
NEBOSH IGC qualification is essential to get a job in Occupational Health and Safety.
It will be quite good if the candidates has some experience.
Here are some areas given in which if the candidates has some experience.
- risk assessment.
A health and safety officers are supposed to
- Carry out risk assessments, and find out, how the risks can be reduced.
- Plan a safe operational procedure in order to take account of every relevant hazard.
- Do regular inspection in site, to check whether all the procedures are carried out properly.
- Check the working practices are safe and they obey the legislations.
- Create strategies for health and safety and the internal policy should be developed.
- Lead the In-house training along with all employees and managers , regarding the health and safety issues and risk.
- Have records of every inspection, findings, and other procedure reports which include the improvement techniques.
- Track incidents and accidents at workplace and statistics should be produced to managers.
- Attend the seminars conducted by Professional HSE Bodies and read the professional journals.
- Submit the management reports, newsletters, bulletins etc.
- Ensure that every equipment are installed and maintained safely.
- Handle safely, the hazardous substances like asbestos during the disposal.
- Advise on important areas like fire regulations, hazardous substance, noise, safe guard machinery, occupational disease etc.
The following evidences should be shown :
- Good communication skill, to explain and communicate about health and safety with the people of different background and sometimes even presentations.
- Since this profession needs a collaborative approach, patience and diplomacy is necessary.
- Capability of understanding and delivering the complex information into simple one.
- Investigative mind
- IT skills
- Flexible work approach
- Paying attention to detail.
- Law and regulations should be understandable and should have interest to follow it.
- Physically fit, since the work may be in large scale plants, outdoor site etc.
Some people may have interest in a particular industry after some years of experience . Areas like oil and gas, off shore, nuclear safety, etc.
If you feel free and happy in working for any organization, and its place of location , this provides a great progress in your career.
If you have much experience, you may move to management of regional and group level . this gives an opportunity of being responsible to a team of advisors. You may also become a consultant , who gives special advice and support to other small industry.
NEBOSH IGC Batch – Mumbai
Course : NEBOSH IGC
Batch : APRIL 2018
TUTOR : Mr. Sivaji Raghav
Click here to Enrol NEBOSH IGC training in Mumbai
For Enquiry & Enrollment:
Toll Free 1800 121 4246 | Whats App : +91 9791082789
Mrs. Priya Bose
Customer Relations – Manager
Mob : +91 8420399404
Green World Management Consultants & Training Institute
Unit No. F- 215,
02nd Floor, Tower No. 07,
International InfoTech Park,
Vashi Station Complex,
Vashi, Navi Mumbai – 400 705.
Tel: 022 27814626.