The NEBOSH International General Certificate provides a sound introduction to the basics of occupational health and safety. It looks at the management of health and safety and a wide variety of workplace hazards. The NEBOSH Certificate has been designed for managers, supervisors and employee representatives and is ideal for anyone who wants to establish a career in health and safety.
Anyone can enroll on the NEBOSH Certificate programme.
What kind of people take the NEBOSH Health and Safety at Work qualification?
This introductory qualification is aimed at anyone who needs to understand the principles of health and safety as part of their job.
The typical people who would benefit from this qualification include:
• Team leaders and supervisors
• HR professionals
• Facilities managers
• Those working with young people in a training environment.
- Includes what you need to know to achieve this qualification
- Each syllabus element is covered in one dedicated chapter
- Sample questions and activities
- Produced by NEBOSH
- The foundations of health and safety
- The responsibility for health and safety
- Health and safety risk assessment and control
- Hazards and controls associated with work equipment
- Transport safety
- Hazards and controls associated with working with electricity
- Fire safety
- Hazards and controls associated with manual handling and repetitive movement
- Hazards and controls associated with hazardous substances
- Hazards and control associated with the working environment
- Workplace risk assessment activity
The qualification is divided into three units, each of which is assessed separately