NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety The NEBOSH International General Certificate (IGC) covers the principles relating to health and safety, identification and control of workplace hazards and the practical application of this knowledge. The IGC syllabus takes a risk management approach based on best practice and international standards.
NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
NEBOSH IGC Course Overview
The NEBOSH International Certificate provides organizations with a global presence seeking to adopt an internationally recognized health and safety training programme. It is a unique international health & safety standard award. It has the same format & content as the National Certificate but focuses on internationally recognized health & safety standards and priorities (ILO/18001) and best practices in controlling hazards.
Learning Outcome of NEBOSH IGC Training Course
- Understand best practice standards through HSG65, 18001, moral & economic requirements and implications for good standards in safety & health within an organisation
- Develop, promote & communicate an effective health and safety culture in an organisation
- Identify the key features of a health & safety policy, the preparations & performance review of a health & safety audit
- Understand the importance of proactive and reactive health and safety monitoring measures
- Identify hazards in the workplace & carry out risk assessments, record findings & review procedures
- Advise on strategies for controlling hazards, reducing risks & applying safe systems of work
- Identify fire hazards & consequential risks, advise on measures to minimize fire risks & develop fire procedures
- Identify ill health effects of physical processes of work & the environment & recommend suitable measures to combat risks
- Explain the processes & procedures for investigating & reporting accidents at work
Who the NEBOSH IGC course is for?
The NEBOSH International General Certificate has been designed for safety professionals, managers, supervisors who are responsible for health and safety at their workplace and wants a basic knowledge and understanding of the principles and practices of health and safety.
Weekend Classes only on Sunday
9. 30 AM to 01.00 PM – Class hours with 30 Minutes Tea break
01. 00 PM to 02.00 PM – Lunch Hours
02.00 PM to 04.30 PM – Class hours with 30 Minutes Tea break
International General Certificate Course Syllabus
IGC 1: MANAGEMENT OF INTERNATIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY
Element 1: Foundation in health and safety
Element 2: Health and safety management system – Policy
Element 3: Health and safety management system – Organizing
Element 4: Health and safety management system – Planning
Element 5: Health and safety management system – Measuring, audit and review
IGC 2: CONTROL OF INTERNATIONAL WORKPLACE HAZARDS
Element 1: Workplace hazards and risk control
Element 2: Transport hazard and risk control
Element 3: Musculoskeletal hazards and risk control
Element 4: Wok equipment hazards and risk control
Element 5: Electrical safety
Element 6: Fire safety
Element 7: Chemical and biological health hazards and risk control
Element 8: Physical and psychological health hazards and risk control
IGC 3: INTERNATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY – PRACTICAL APPLICATION
Duration of NEBOSH IGC Training Courses
11 days for the block release
Examination for NEBOSH IGC Certification
The examination consists of two theory papers IGC-1 and IGC 2 of each 2 hrs and followed by a practical assessment. Each written paper consists of one ‘long-answer’ question and ten ‘short-answer’ questions. All questions are compulsory.
On successful completion of theory and practical examinations candidate will receive international general certificate from NEBOSH.
Acceptance of NEBOSH International General Certificate
This is one of the most highly demanded entry level qualification for safety professional in UK & Europe and Middle-East. This for those who are seeking a new career in health and safety and those in the profession who wants to top up with internationally recognized certification to enhance their employability in MNC.
In recent years, Indian companies have been asking this qualification in addition to qualification recognized under the Factories Act and Rules because of their global presence and joint venture with foreign companies.
For Enquiry & Enrollment,
Operation Manager.Green World Management Consultants & Training Institute GWG Education Center – Chennai #5/12,Ambalavanan Street, Second Floor Arumbakkam,Chennai – – 600 106 Tel: +91 – 44 24750740 Mob: +91- 9176992242 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This Post Has 2 Comments
Any schedule of Nebosh course start first week of october, because i am unable to attend the schedule of 24 sep 12.
Please give fee details of this course.
Greeting From GWG!!!
Nebosh IGC course coordinator will contact you with full details.