NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health
This course provides an excellent grounding in the principles and practice of health and safety management for those responsible for providing specialist advice to their organisation. It is relevant to practitioners from all sectors and blends international best practice standards with a detailed understanding of the international context.
The International General Certificate is suitable for anyone seeking to enhance their knowledge and understanding of health and safety and to have it recognised through an internationally accredited qualification. It is the “must have” qualification for site H&S advisers.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
People who complete this course will have knowledge and practical skills to:
- Understand and apply best practice international health and safety standards;
- Explain the moral and economic advantages of good standards in health and safety within an organisation;
- Develop, promote & communicate an effective health and safety culture in an organisation;
- Identify the key features of a health and safety policy, prepare and undertake a health and safety audit;
- Understand the importance of proactive and reactive health & safety monitoring measures;
- Identify hazards in the workplace and carry out risk assessments, record findings and review procedures;
- Strategies for controlling hazards, reducing risks and applying safe systems of work;
- Identify fire hazards and consequential risks, advise on measures to minimise fire risks and develop fire procedures;
- Identify ill health effects of physical processes of work and the work environment and recommend suitable measures to combat risks; and
- Develop processes and procedures for investigating and reporting accidents at work.