Management of health and safety in the workplace is not only a legal obligation and a moral imperative, it also makes good business sense. Qualified safety professionals are an asset to their organisations, reducing costs by preventing accidents and ill health of employees, without incurring unnecessary expense by over-reacting to trivial risks.
Many larger organisations choose NEBOSH certificate-level qualifications as a key part of their supervisors’ or management development programme. By ensuring that line managers have a sound understanding of the principles of risk management they build an effective safety culture in the company. Many of NEBOSH’s training providers will provide in-company courses for these qualifications that allow for material reflecting the organisation’s own systems of work or particular hazards to be included.
The NEBOSH National Diploma is the must have qualification for safety and health practitioners, much sought after by organisations looking for expert advisers in this complex and fast changing profession. Its practical approach promotes the application of the knowledge acquired on the course to problem solving within the workplace.
NEBOSH has produced a course book for the Health and Safety at Work qualification. This introductory qualification will help improve the safety culture in your organisation, by equipping your workforce to identify and deal with hazards at work helping to reduce accidents and achieving cost savings for the business.
- The foundations of health and safety
- The responsibility for health and safety
- Health and safety risk assessment and control
- Hazards and controls associated with work equipment
- Transport safety
- Hazards and controls associated with working with electricity
- Fire safety
- Hazards and controls associated with manual handling and repetitive movement
- Hazards and controls associated with hazardous substances
- Hazards and control associated with the working environment
- Workplace risk assessment activity