A perfectly safe and healthy workplace would have no hazards. There would be nothing that could harm you. Unfortunately, many workplace hazards are so familiar that we ignore them and put ourselves, and sometimes others, at risk.
A 17-year-old groundskeeper didn’t know that the gloves he was wearing had been in contact with gasoline. When he struck a lighter, the gloves caught fire and he received third degree burns to his arm and back.
How do you Find a Hazard?
Ask yourself what if questions…
- What if I bump into the open containers of hot oil?
- What if the forklift tips over on my co-worker in a fast turn?
- What if I inhale the toxic fumes from the toilet cleaning chemicals?
Learn to spot a hazard – before an incident happens – is the first step to staying safe. Every job will have slightly different hazards. Wherever you work, there are four main types of hazards and some examples:
- Physical hazards
- Using the same tool all day long
- Being crushed by equipment
- Tripping or falling
- Biological hazards
- Bee stings
- Allergic reaction to plants, insects or mold
- Being in contact with materials where viruses or bacteria are present
- Chemical hazards
- Using cleaning products regularly
- Using paint materials regularly
- Using toxic chemicals
- Psychosocial Hazards
- Intimidation, verbal abuse
- Working hours
- Rotating shift work
More on Workplace Hazards
- What’s Your Hazard I.Q.?
The ability to recognize a hazard will help you stay healthy and safe. Identify the types of hazards…(see page 12 of the X-Treme Safety Booklet)
- Hazard Assessment and Control eLearning Program
An interactive online learning program introduces employers and workers to the process for identification, assessment and control of hazards in the workplace.
- Recognizing Workplace Hazards – See it Again for the First Time
An interactive online learning program discusses the 5 steps in field level hazard assessment. Learners can practice applying the steps to various pictures.
- Backs and Bums: Applying Basic Ergonomics
An interactive online learning program to help you understand basic ergonomics.
Do the job with safe. For safety job do safety course.
Next safety course will start on Feb 27th to Mar 08th @ Chennai.
Who are all interest to do this course in this batch,
OUR POPULAR SAFETY COURSES: