NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety at Green World Group in Oman.
Schedule for NEBOSH-IGC Batch :
Name of the Award – NEBOSH International General Certificate
Mode of Training – Weekend Only Thursday and Fridays (8.30 A.M to 5.00 P.M)
Course Fee : 650 OMR
NEBOSH INTERNATIONAL GENERAL CERTIFICATE -OMAN WEEKEND BATCH – IGC-W6
|11-Oct-12||THURSDAY||PRACTICAL – HALF DAY|
This qualification is divided into three units (IGC 1, IGC 2 and IGC 3), each of which is individually assessed.
Each of the two units IGC 1 and IGC 2 will comprise a number of elements:
Unit IGC1 – Management of international health and safety
1. Foundations in health & safety
3. Organising for health & safety
4. Promoting a positive health & safety culture
5. Risk assessment
6. Principles of control
7. Monitoring; review and audit
8. Occupational incident and accident investigation, recording and reporting
Unit IGC2 – Control of international workplace hazards
1. Movement of people and vehicles – hazards and control
2. Manual and mechanical handling – hazards and control
3. Working equipment hazards and control
4. Electrical hazards and control
5. Fire hazards and control
6. Chemical and biological health hazards and control
7. Physical and psychological health hazards and control
8. Construction activities – hazards and control
Unit IGC3 – International health and safety practical application
1. Assess a candidate’s ability to conduct a safety inspection of a workplace and identify its hazards.
2. After identification of the hazards, prepare a report to management to convince them to take appropriate remedial actions to rectify the hazards.
Unit Assessment (Exam)
Units IGC1, IGC2 and IGC3 are each assessed by a 2-hour examination. All questions are compulsory. To be awarded the certificate from NEBOSH UK, candidates must successfully complete (pass) all these Units.
The International General Certificate qualification meets the academic requirements for Technician Membership (Tech IOSH) of Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) and Associate membership (AIIRSM) of the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM). Membership is subject to meeting Tech IOSH and IIRSM requirements.
For more details contact :
Al Nadha Tower 2, 7th Floor | Office No 4 |Behind Ghala Oxy Building
|Opposite Zubair | Near Man Truck Showroom| Ghala |
|Muscat | Sultanate of Oman|
|Tel : + 968-22037918, 24591142 / 76 |Fax : +968-24591146|
|GSM : +968-93831073,| 96282743 |