The NEBOSH International General Certificate (IGC) covers the principles relating to health and safety, identification and control of workplace hazards and the practical application of this knowledge. The IGC syllabus takes a risk management approach based on best practice and international standards, such as the International Labour Organisation (ILO) codes of practice. Local laws and cultural factors may form part of the study programme where relevant and appropriate.The International General Certificate is also suitable for those embarking on a career in health and safety, providing a valuable foundation for further professional study.
No previous health and safety knowledge is required. However it should be noted that the examination is offered, and must be answered, in English, and that the course includes a requirement to write a short report, which must also be in English. NEBOSH recommends that candidates undertaking the NEBOSH International General Certificate should reach the equivalent of a scoring of 6.0 or higher under the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
The qualification is divided into three units, each of which is assessed separately:
- Management of international health and safety (IGC1)
- Control of international workplace hazards (IGC2)
- International health and safety practical application (IGC3)
International General Certificate Course Syllabus
IGC 1: MANAGEMENT OF INTERNATIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY
- Foundation in Health & Safety
- Organizing for Health & Safety
- Promoting a positive health and safety culture
- Risk Assessment
- Principles of Control
- Monitoring, Review and Audit
- Occupational Incident and Accident Investigation, Recording and Reporting.
IGC 2: CONTROL OF INTERNATIONAL WORKPLACE HAZARDS
- Movement of people and vehicles – Hazards & control
- Manual & Mechanical Handling – Hazards & control
- Working Equipment Hazards and control
- Understanding your responsibilities
- Electrical Hazards and control
- Fire Hazards & control
- Chemical and biological health hazards and control
- Physical and psychological hazards and control
- Construction activities – hazards and control
IGC 3: INTERNATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY – PRACTICAL APPLICATION
Examination for NEBOSH IGC Certification
The examination consists of two theory papers IGC-1 and IGC 2 of each 2 hrs and followed by a practical assessment. Each written paper consists of one ‘long-answer’ question and ten ‘short-answer’ questions. All questions are compulsory.
On successful completion of theory and practical examinations candidate will receive international general certificate from NEBOSH.
Acceptance of NEBOSH International General Certificate
This is one of the most highly demanded entry level qualification for safety professional in UK & Europe and Middle-East. This for those who are seeking a new career in health and safety and those in the profession who wants to top up with internationally recognized certification to enhance their employability in MNC.
Office Administrator/Marketing Manager.
Green World Group Management Consultants & Training Institute
Parry Jn. Thopumppady
Kochi – 682005,
Ph: 0484 4033901 / +91 8606091846 / +91 9567945916.