The course is challenging and requires you to have a good standard of spoken and written English language. At Megamas we use lots of resources and use different learning styles to help you learn. You are given a detailed textbook and great handouts. You don’t need to have any particular qualifications before you take a NEBOSH course, but some technical background and work experience, is useful.
The outcomes of the course are as follows:
- Identify common hazards in the workplace and advice on appropriate remedial action
- Understand the foundations and framework for regulation of health and safety, including international standards and conventions such as ISO and ILO.
- Assist in the preparation, review and monitoring of safety policy and procedures including pro-active and reactive strategies, training, audits and safety committees.
- Investigate accidents and other incidents and prepare cost-effective proposals to prevent recurrence.
- Communicate effectively on health and safety matters, including the use of reports.
- Describe human and organizational factors affecting health and safety performance assessment – for example, health & safety culture.
- Undertake effective workplace inspections and recommend cost effective remedial action.
- Maintain records and information sources to advise management.
- Advise of appropriate action to minimise fire risk and develop fire procedures.
- Advise on the chemical and biological hazards and control.
- Advise on safety in construction.
Unit IGC 1 : Management of International Health & Safety
1. Health and Safety Foundations
2. Setting policy for health and safety
3. Organising for health and safety
4. Promoting a positive health and safety culture
5. Risk Assessment
6. Principles of Control
7. Monitoring, review and audit
8. Occupational incident Investigation
investigation, recording and reporting
Unit IGC 2 : Control of International Workplace Hazards
1. Movement of people and vehicles – hazards and control
2. Manual and Mechanical handling – hazards and control
3. Working Equipment – hazards and control
4. Electrical Hazards and control
5. Fire Hazards
6. Chemical and biological health hazards and control
7. Physical and psychological health hazards and control
8. Construction activities – hazards and control
Unit IGC 3 : International Health & Safety Practical Application
In this unit you are required to do a health & safety assessment of a worksite and write a proper report to management. The worksite will be at Megamas.